To see if malls are truly dying, we took a deeper dive at two of Los Angeles’ newest and hottest retail locations, Century City and Palisades Villages.
A few highlights and takeaways:
- Increased focus on health and wellness as part of store offerings
- Entertainment (including food and fitness) increasingly important to malls as focus of customer experience shifts away from just point-of-sale transaction
- Non-traditional players – such as well-funded startups or healthcare providers – testing brick-and-mortar concepts as way to engage new customers
- Design aesthetic remains important differentiator of customer experience, particularly at higher end locations
- Increased mentions of sustainability through in-store marketing of specific products as well as highlighting company practices